Update: fixed in v19.0beta (at least v19.0b1 build3 looks good):
ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/ (19b1 does not save sessions, though ;-)
Firefox 18 (all betas and 18.0) crashes on Solaris 11 and OpenSolaris. The workaround is to set the following variables to “false”:
See bug 827971.
Sometimes you do not need a detailed log-analysis but several simple one-liners that you can adjust without too much thinking how it works, what you did last time, etc. The examples below are absolutely NOT optimal, but rather modular for easy line-editing.
Continue reading “Simple ASA log parsers”
… and the WordPress for Android application.
It works and I like it ;-)
Recently I’ve stumbled upon a strange looking site-to-site (CheckPoint R70 to Cisco VPN3k) VPN problem:
Connections from some networks were dropped with the following error:
Encryption failure: Received a cleartext packet within an encrypted connection
The first step was to check the encryption domains for the tunnel. In both GUI and /etc/fw/conf/user.def the encryption domain was the whole class B network, assigned to the company.
Next step was tracing.
Continue reading “Encryption failure: Received a cleartext packet within an encrypted connection”
Updated on Apr 07, 2011 @ 02:54:
If you made the change below for 3.1RC-3.1 and/or used manually created tag/category links in 3.1RC-3.1 and just upgraded to 3.1.1, you may find that the links are broken. The reason is that in 3.1.1 the tag and category links returned to the 3.0 style with the word “archives” in the URL.
To make it work you can change .htaccess to the following:
RewriteBase / #or where your blog root is
#RewriteRule archives/category/(.*) category/$1 [L,R=301]
#RewriteRule archives/tag/(.*) tag/$1 [L,R=301]
RewriteRule ^category/(.*) archives/category/$1 [L,R=301]
RewriteRule ^tag/(.*) archives/tag/$1 [L,R=301]
Posted on Feb 25, 2011 @ 00:22:
In WordPress 3.1 the link structure have been changed
Continue reading “WordPress 3.1 vs 3.0 vs. 3.1.1 and “archives” URL’s”
You can use Coral free CDN to off-load the WordPress attachments (usually images). In order to use Coral you need to add “.nyud.net” to the site DNS address. For example, http://www.alekz.net will become http://www.alekz.net.nyud.net. Coral is usually too slow to serve all static content, so the most effective solution would be to use it only for the biggest files.
Here’s a simple solution. Add the following to functions.php of your current theme:
add_filter ('wp_get_attachment_url', 'freecdn_url');
function freecdn_url ($url)
if (! is_attachment () ) return $url;
$cdn_url = ".nyud.net";
$decomposed_url = explode ("/", $url);
$decomposed_url = $decomposed_url . $cdn_url;
$url = implode("/", $decomposed_url);
Your theme (e.g. the bundled “TwentyTen”) must use wp_get_attachment_url(), of course. If not – you got the idea, didn’t you? ;-)
Also, you can use freecdn_url () function to rewrite any URL you want to download from Coral.
Found another cPanel application which you can safely turn off in order to safe some bytes and cycles.
By default dcpumon runs every 5 min to log CPU usage (“top” output) :
# crontab -l | fgrep cpu
*/5 * * * * /usr/local/cpanel/bin/dcpumon >/dev/null 2>&1
and stores the data into /var/log/dcpumon
You can view the report with dcpumonview command:
|User |Domain |CPU%|MEM%|MySQL#|
|alekz |alekz.net |17.72|37.07|0.3 |
| Top Process | 27.8 | /usr/bin/php |
| Top Process | 14.2 | /usr/bin/php |
| Top Process | 12.3 | /usr/bin/php |
|mysql | |11.47|3.05|0.0 |
| Top Process | 11.7 | /usr/sbin/mysqld –basedir/ –datadir/var/lib/mysql –usermysql –pid-file/var/lib/mysql/alekz.pid –skip-external-locking |
Google for the following strings to find, watch and control live video- web- CC- cams. And … learn how to secure your network ;-)
Continue reading “How to find live web-cams”
The default settings are in bold.
- media.autoplay.enabled (true|false)
- image.animation_mode (normal|once|none)
- security.enable_java (true|false)
- browser.sessionstore.interval (10000 in msecs, equivalent to 10secs)
- gfx.color_management.enabled (true|false)
- browser.tabs.closeButtons 1 ( 0 – on the active tab only, 1- all tabs, 2- no close button, 3- at the end of the tab strip)
- dom.max_script_run_time (10 sec)
- layout.spellcheckDefault (0 – disable the spell checker, 1 – spell checker for multi-lines text boxes only, 2 – enable the spell checker for all text boxes)
- network.http.pipelining (true|false)
- network.http.proxy.pipelining (true|false)
- network.http.pipelining.maxrequests (4, 4-8)
- network.http.max-connections (30)
- network.http.max-connections-per-server (15)
- extensions.checkCompatibility ( New -> Boolean)
- security.dialog_enable_delay (2000 in msec, 0 – start installation immediately)
- nglayout.initialpaint.delay (New -> Integer)
- browser.blink_allowed (true|false)
- middlemouse.paste (true|false)
- ui.submenuDelay (New -> Integer)
- network.prefetch-next (true|false)
- browser. cache.check_doc_frequency (0 – check once per browser session, 1 – Check every time I view the page, 2 – Never check (always use cached page), 3 – Check when the page is out of date)